1 november 2010

St. Maarten


There was a lot of talk about Halloween on the blogs I've been reading. And now I read a lot of posts about Sinterklaas, the Dutch version of Santa Claus, which brings presents to children (and grown ups as well) on December 5th. To me Sinterklaas belongs to the winterperiod. I'm still in this autumny mood. Our children are longing for Sint Maarten, November 11th. They all make paper lanterns in school and sing songs door to door for which they get rewarded with loads of candy. After that I'm ready for Sinterklaas. It inspired me for various drawings, I liked this one best.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. jah! sintesintemaarten...de koeien hebben staarten...en dan de geur van ware suikerbiet! je hebt helemaal gelijk!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. mooi!!! ja, wij verheugen ons ook, duimen dat het droog is ...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wonderful drawing!
    In Switzerland, where I originally come from, we celebrate "Martinstag" too. Sadly it is slowing being pushed away by Halloween. I so much love these walks with the lanterns in the night- such a nice atmosphere!
    Have a wonderful time.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thank you for stopping by. You make my day by leaving a comment.